To train and elevate your mind.
Yoga is a practice that originated in India around 26,000 years ago during the Golden Age. The word comes from the Sanskrit word Yuj often interpreted as “union” or a method of discipline. Practicing yoga can teach you to better control not only your body but your mind as well.
1. The Yoga Anatomy Coloring BookA Visual Guide to Form, Function, and Movement
This fun mix of coloring book and instructional guide demystifies anatomy for the yoga enthusiast and teacher.
Yoga instructor, licensed massage therapist, and anatomy teacher Kelly Solloway provides an entertaining and informative journey through the human body, focusing on the bones, joints, and muscles used in yoga. After an overview of helpful terms, Kelly covers the skeletal system, joints, and connective tissue, followed by the muscular system.
Each anatomical feature is illustrated with a beautiful black-and-white drawing of a yoga posture, or asana, to color. Coloring the bones and muscles, and their names, will help you to remember their location and function, and 32 perforated flash cards enable readers to quiz themselves and study yoga anatomy on the go.
2. Yoga Body and Mind HandbookEasy Poses, Guided Meditations, Perfect Peace Wherever You Are
Yoga works best when it is tailored to each person’s individuality. In the Yoga Body & Mind Handbook, Jasmine honors this need by offering the kind of personalization and guidance that respects each reader's specific abilities.
Yoga offers the benefits of reducing stress, increasing peace, and cultivating greater wellbeing. If you’re new to yoga, you may wonder if it’s right for you―what if it’s more difficult or requires more patience and athleticism than you thought?
Named one of 2016’s 100 Most Influential Yoga Teachers in America, Jasmine Tarkeshi has spent more than 20 years teaching yoga to people of all levels and abilities. As co-founder of Laughing Lotus Yoga Centers in New York and San Francisco, Jasmine has seen firsthand that with the right guidance anyone can enjoy and benefit from yoga.
Written specifically with the beginner in mind, the Yoga Body & Mind Handbook is Jasmine’s encouraging introduction to essential yoga poses, breathing techniques, and meditations.
Easy-to-follow and fun, the Yoga Body & Mind Handbook offers:
- Complete yoga routines from 15 minutes to over an hour include breathing, posture, and meditation
- Beginner-friendly yoga postures with suggested modifications
- Meditations that can be done anywhere to counter stress and boost health
- Detailed instructions and illustrations of techniques, postures, breathing exercises, and more
No matter your level of yoga familiarity, the compassionate, step-by-step guidance in the Yoga Body & Mind Handbook will show you how yoga can help you live up to your highest potential by relieving physical, mental, and emotional tension.
3. The Yoga BibleThe soup-to-nuts guide on all things SQL!
Yoga brings not only a suppleness to the body but also a sense of spiritual and physical well-being to those who practice it. Featuring over 170 postures from the main schools of yoga, The Yoga Bible is the ultimate, comprehensive guide to practicing yoga and finding a mental and physical balance in life. The book encourages yoga beginners and experts alike to find a yoga sequence that suits their personal needs and abilities.
4. The Yoga Mind52 Essential Principles of Yoga Philosophy to Deepen Your Practice
Apply the wisdom of yoga philosophy to your personal yoga practice and throughout your life with The Yoga Mind.
The profound inspiration that yoga promises begins not in the body, but in the mind. In The Yoga Mind, internationally renowned yoga expert Rina Jakubowicz takes a simple, accessible approach to the complex origins of yoga philosophy. With clear, thoughtful guidance, The Yoga Mind offers everything you need to deepen your yoga practice and discover a meaningful way of life.
Your complete resource for bringing yoga philosophy off the mat and into your life, The Yoga Mind includes:
- Clear explanations of core yoga principles that turn complex theories into memorable lessons
- Guided meditations and simple exercises that offer clear, tangible instruction for practicing each principle in your daily life
- A structured approach to vital yoga themes that brings clarity to crucial, but rarely understood, concepts
Whether you read The Yoga Mind cover to cover or skip to a certain topic, you’ll find simple actions to incorporate the principles of yoga into a yoga practice that is meaningful to you.
5. Yoga for BeginnersSimple Yoga Poses to Calm Your Mind and Strengthen Your Body
Learn Yoga in Your Own Home
Yoga for Beginners is the essential guide to getting started with yoga. With a friendly voice and step-by-step instructions, this book offers everything you need to start enjoying yoga's calming and strengthening effects on your life. Complete beginner's guide to getting started with yoga Simple instructions for the 35 essential yoga poses Full-color yoga illustrations 5 restorative yoga meditations Nutrition tips to complement your yoga practice Guide to building your own yoga sequences
Take a deep breath. Yoga for Beginners will do the rest.
6. Yoga: The Top 100 Best Yoga PosesRelieve Stress, Increase Flexibility, and Gain Strength (Yoga Postures Poses Exercises Techniques and Guide For Healing Stretching Strengthening and Stress Relief)
Do you feel sluggish, mentally exhausted, or disconnected from life?
Whether you want to (1) increase your strength and flexibility (2) relieve pain and prevent injury, or (3) reduce stress and become happier, then keep reading to discover how to easily do this with the best yoga positions of all time!
Enjoy beautiful pictures of all the major yoga poses.
Yoga is well known for increasing flexibility, but it goes far beyond giving your muscles a good stretch. This form of exercise can be as intense as you want to make it! At the same time it is extremely easy to begin and it fits smoothly into any lifestyle. If you only have ten minutes to spare, that’s all it will take to reap many benefits from yoga. Then be sure to enjoy the many pictures and descriptions throughout the book showing the proper techniques. The purpose of yoga is to enhance both your physical well-being and your mental alertness. Yoga is an effective workout strategy practiced by people all over the world. Anyone can practice yoga; keep reading to discover what yoga can do for you.
Explore All The Glorious Good Stored Up In Your Body!
- Beautiful photos of each major yoga pose.
- Great breathing techniques that can enhance your health and boost the effectiveness of your yoga practice.
- Practical modifications for specific injuries and physical restrictions.
- How yoga can benefit your overall health.
- How to warm up properly beforehand.
- How yoga can increase your awareness of – and appreciation for – your own body.
- How to design your own yoga routine around your specific needs and your personal lifestyle.
- Which poses to use to enhance specific parts of your body.
- 100 of the best yoga positions of all time, with clear, step-by-step instructions.
Unleash yoga’s rejuvenating power into your life: Get this book now!
7. Yoga Anatomy
The best-selling anatomy guide for yoga is now updated, expanded, and better than ever!
With more asanas, vinyasas, full-color anatomical illustrations, and in-depth information, the second edition of YogaAnatomy provides you with a deeper understanding of the structures and principles underlying each movement and of yoga itself.
From breathing to inversions to standing poses, see how specific muscles respond to the movements of the joints; how alterations of a pose can enhance or reduce effectiveness; and how the spine, breathing, and body position are all fundamentally linked.
Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing yoga for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource--one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
With Yoga Anatomy, Second Edition, authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally recognized experts and teachers in anatomy, breathing, and bodywork, have created the ultimate reference for yoga practitioners, instructors, and enthusiasts alike.